Wednesday, February 11, 2015

WIP Wednesday

One crochet project I have managed to work on over the past months was my version of the Scheepjes CAL 2014 by wink, of Creative Being. I didn't want to order the yarn pack that was suggested from deramores, as I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to complete the six squares a week. I used my 8ply latte cotton from bendigo and was able to work up 9 of the 10 patterns to make a square pram/crib blanket. 

Here it is, just been blocked and laying nice and flat and square. I finished the edges with four rounds of dc followed by a row of crabstitch or reverse sc. 




 

 It is perfect size for a pram or a crib. I am leaning towards finishing this blanket with a backing of sorts, just so little toes don't get caught up in the holey sections. So if we are blessed with a girl, I will be looking forward to using it. If not, it will be packed into the cupboard for another special baby girl.

But to back it with minky, flannel or cotton? I haven't lined a blanket before, but if you have I would love to hear your suggestions.

L.

No comments:

Post a Comment