Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Sewing: Book Themed Floor Pillows

Crocheting has seemed to have been taken over by sewing lately. But don't worry. I have a couple of crochet WIP still on the go. Last week in my sewing-producing days, I managed to finish these book themed floor pillows that I had started with the idea for the reading/quiet area.

Dr Seuss.
Measuring 70cm x 70cm  

 I steered away from zippers once more, and completed the envelope opening with some bright snap-studs.
 Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle.
Another favourite book from our bookshelf.
Also measuring 70cm x 70cm. 
I used European Pillow Inserts.

I have one more lot of dotty backing material ready for another floor pillow. Now to find some suitable, brightly coloured and book-themed material. Asterix maybe? Any suggestions?

L.


1 comment:

  1. What a great idea Lee!
    What about Winnie the Pooh or Thomas the Tank Engine?
    xx Els

    ReplyDelete