Monday, August 27, 2012

Krista Throw - all done

I am very happy to share that I have finally completed my Krista Throw from Spotlights weekly block-release.

It will no longer be sitting in the basket on our lounge table waiting for another couple of minutes here and there...

 

Measuring approx 100cm x100cm
 
 
Being a sampler blanket, there are lots of different techniques used based on a couple of basic stitches. I am looking forward to using these in different projects.  It is not my ideal type of throw, with it all being different, but the more I look at it, the more it grows on me. Given a chance, the girls would claim it, but no, it will remain mine!
 
 
 
It was completed unfortunately during a time of physical unwellness and emotion that was placed on our path, so it will definately not be leaving our house. Instead it is all folded up on our wooden box in the lounge, with special memories and ready to grab for those snuggle-moments on the couch.
 
 
With another throw being a WIP and that has to be completed with in the next few weeks, I am also tempted to start another little project too, and then there was a young daughter that has requested a scarf to go with her new sunday outfit. My hands won't be idle. 
 
And before you go, also check out Bec's Krista Throw over at Belle Cherie Handmade, which also turned out beautiful.
 
Wishing you all a good week.
L.

1 comment:

  1. Personally, I think this one is really beautiful ... and yes, I'm sure holds emotional memories ...
    Wishing you a good Sunday ... wait, I suppose you're right into your Sunday already as I head to bed on a late Saturday night ...
    cheers,
    jo

    ReplyDelete