Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Block 12

Last Friday's block 12 is completed:


If you look closely you can see the trebles going up and down and across. Another nice solid block to join in between the others. The photo below shows you how the rows are worked. Not around, not horizontal but on the diagonal!


Half way thru, my yarn ( I was getting to the end of my skein) was in a rather nasty mess. Wanting to just finish my block, I started using a new skein of the same colour, only to realise later when I was looking at the above photo that it was totally different! :( So I had a job to perservere and untangle the mess to finish off the square.

Thankfully this will be the only solid plum coloured square in the throw. I aim to have a solid block of each colour I am using in between the multlicoloured squares. I have kept this colour for highlights throughout the other squares. Hopefully we won't notice the slight colour change in the other squares.

**Since writing and posting this post I have managed to purchase some more of my original plum colour. At least now they will be all out of the same plum, and I won't be looking at that mistake, even if its only slightly noticable, for years to come.**
Putting that aside, I enjoyed this square, again learning a new stitch and can see myself one day making a baby blanket using this feature stitch. Also looks effective changing colours at the beginning of each diagonal row. Check out Becs Krista Throw block 12 here.

L

No comments:

Post a Comment